Welcome to IMAGINE
IMAGINE (Interprofessional Medical and Allied Groups for Improving Neighbourhood Environment) is an interprofessional, student-run community health initiative aimed at promoting and providing holistic health care to the core neighborhoods of downtown Toronto.
IMAGINE is U of T’s very own interprofessional student-run clinic and we’re looking for new executive members! IMAGINE provides services for the marginalized populations of downtown Toronto (such as those who experience homelessness, mental health issues, have precarious status, or new immigrants not covered by OHIP). This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working within your community, learn more about our healthcare system, and develop your leadership and teamwork skills.
We are currently recruiting for many executive positions:
4 Clinic Operations Chairs: The clinic operations chairs ensure that the clinic runs smoothly every Saturday, and provide support to clinic volunteers.
2 Preceptor Recruitment Chairs: The preceptor recruitment chairs are responsible for recruiting and preparing preceptors from the various health disciplines to be mentors the clinic.
2 Health Promotion Committee Chairs: The health promotion chairs lead a committee of volunteers to organize health education workshops at various local community agencies.
2 Community Partnerships Committee Chairs: The community partnerships chairs lead a committee of volunteers to organize and hold outreach events to better serve our target population.
2 Advocacy Committee Chairs: The advocacy chairs lead a committee of volunteers to promote awareness, discussion and action about issues and policies affecting our target population.
1 Physiotherapy Representative: The PT representative is responsible for integrating physiotherapy into the IMAGINE clinic and initiatives.
1 Occupational Therapy Representative: The OT representative is responsible for integrating occupational therapy into the IMAGINE clinic and initiatives.
All of these positions are one-year terms, from April 2014 to April 2015.
For more information about IMAGINE and more details about the positions, please visit http://torontomeds.com/imagine/theteam
For applications, please visit: [ Link removed]
Applications for all executive positions are due on Thursday, February 27th at 11:59 pm (deadline extended from Monday to accommodate reading week)
For those who are interested in clinic volunteers or committee member positions, we will begin recruiting for these positions in early March.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to an exciting new year with new IMAGINE executive members!
Jenny Diep and Jane Wang
IMAGINE Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators
We are recruiting volunteers for the SNaCC Conference. Please see the description of the position below.
Description of Conference:
- The Student-Run National Clinics of Canada (SNaCC) is an umbrella organization that includes all student-run health clinics across Canada. IMAGINE is a member of SNaCC.
- The SNaCC Conference is an annual weekend-long event that allows representatives from various clinics across Canada to meet and discuss our progress, our achievements and any obstacles we face.
- Each year, this annual general meeting is held in a different city in Canada. In 2014, the SNaCC Conference will be hosted in Toronto.
- The event usually includes:
o Presentations and round table discussions with all attendees
o Guest representatives shadowing and volunteering at the host clinic
o Keynote speaker
- Expected number of attendees: 20-25 guest representatives + 3-6 IMAGINE representatives
Description of Role:
- As a member of the SNaCC Conference Planning Committee, you will be responsible for planning and organizing the entire conference, which includes:
o Locating and booking a venue and catering service for the event
o Finding affordable hotel accommodations for our guests
o Booking a keynote speaker
o Determining a schedule and list of activities for the event, etc…
- You will be working closely with IMAGINE’s executive directors, as well as several IMAGINE executive members
- Once the committee is set up, members may create subcommittees, and divide and delegate tasks amongst themselves
- This position is open to current University of Toronto students in any healthcare discipline and any year of study
- Committee members must be in Toronto (or the GTA) from now until mid-July, 2014
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours per week from early March until the conference date
Conference Date: one weekend in mid-June to mid-July (to be decided by the committee), 2014
[ Link removed ]
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Jane Wang and Jenny Diep at email@example.com.